[orca-list] OT: looking for volunteers for the tintin sound pack

hi all
As some of you may or may not know, tux, who created the tintin sound packs for alteraeon, the adventurer's inn, and empiremud, has stopped playing alteraeon. This has led to me forking his repository to continue maintenance and add features. However, I can't do this on my own. Only tux really understands the code well enough to add the features I would like to add, such as ambience support (playing different sounds based on the terrain you're in), and at some point, adding orca support so that when incoming text occurrs, you get a new tell, you get attacked, etc orca speaks. However this last one will have to wait until speech-dispatcher and orca are changed to generate a speech-dispatcher config that other apps can use, since orca doesn't support self voicing apps directly. I'm looking for anyone who is willing to help me maintain the pack and add features. Tux has said he would help, but he admits himself his time isn't as free as it used to be, and I'm looking for someone who wants to create a new user friendly mud client that's approachable by someone completely new to linux. His pack is easy enough to use, no doubt about that. But I would like to make it easier by adding a graphical configuration dialog that would allow the user to set options via checkboxes and input text fields rather than typed commands. If anyone would like to check out the code, check out my repository at http://github.com/coffeeking/tintin-alteraeon.git. Note that my forking the code does not in any way mean any disrespect to or lack of appreciation for the considerable effort it took tux to create and maintain this pack, but only that I recognize he's no longer mudding and I want to build on his work and make it better. This is the first in a series of steps I'm taking to renew my effort in the open source community. There were a couple of months, late november through early december, that I was seriously considering switching away from linux back to windows, not because of anything linux couldn't do, but simply because I had a "grass is greener on the other side" complex, meaning I thought the windows accessibility community was more active. Man am I glad to be wrong about that.

Thanks for reading
Kendell Clark