[orca-list] getting Festival to work with Orca

Hello. Does anybody have Festival working with Orca? I'm trying to get Festival to work with Orca on Ubuntu 15.10. Since I didn't find Festival as one of the synthesizers in Orca preferences, I tried uncommenting the line in speechd.conf to add the festival module. However, when I do this, I don't get speech the next time the computer starts. I know Festival works because I start festival from the terminal. Then I type (SayText "hello blanca" and press Enter. I hear orca say what I told it to.