[orca-list] orca takes a while from initial startup to desktop focus

hi all
Subject line says it all. I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but orca
takes anywhere from 5 to 10 seconds, sometimes even longer between
"screen reader on" and focusing on the desktop. This happens in both
mate and gnome, and in gnome's case orca doesn't focus on the desktop
until you press either control+alt+tab and release the keys on "desktop"
or press a shortcut key combo to focus on the desktop. This is on sonar
linux 16.07, completely up to date, orca master completely up to date as
of this morning. This is also on a quad core intel i5 processor with 8
gb of ram, so it shouldn't be my hardware. There doesn't seem to be a
way to speed orca up, orca takes as long as it's going to take.
Restarting it sometimes causes it to focus on the desktop but sometimes
lands it in limbo until you focus on the desktop yourself, then orca
catches up. Can anyone else confirm this? This happens in the stable
version as well.
Thanks
Kendell Clark