Re: [orca-list] orca takes a while from initial startup to desktop focus

Le 05/08/2016 à 11:25, kendell clark a écrit :

hi all
Subject line says it all. I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but orca
takes anywhere from 5 to 10 seconds, sometimes even longer between
"screen reader on" and focusing on the desktop. This happens in both
mate and gnome, and in gnome's case orca doesn't focus on the desktop
until you press either control+alt+tab and release the keys on "desktop"
or press a shortcut key combo to focus on the desktop. This is on sonar
linux 16.07,
Hi Kendell,

I have also noticed that issue on Ubuntu Mate 16.04.1. I don't really understand why it is so long to start. Maybe it is an issue from Mate. On Mate 1.8, Orca 3.20.2 on Debian 8.5 Orca starts instantly (less than 1 second).

Best regards.
--
Alex ARNAUD
Visual-Impairment Project Manager