Re: [orca-list] Accessible CD encoder

hi
Cd paranoya is one of those open source projects that almost everything
uses, including proprietary stuff. It and ffmpeg are two of the most
widely used pieces of open source software, even in closed source
programs. I don't know whether it supports secure ripping, but I'm
pretty sure it does accurate ripping. It does a lot of checking to make
sure it rips good audio and not just a surface rip. I've never had even
a scratched cd sound anything but fantastic when using rippers that use
it, including asunder, sound-juicer, and rubyripper.
Thanks
Kendell Clark

Peter Vágner wrote:
Hello,

On Windows I used to use Foobar 2000 audio player to rip CDs.

Inspired by that on linux I'm using DeaDBeeF for the same thing. It
uses libcdparanoia for ripping so I believe rips are accurate enough.
This library has good reputation accross all platforms as far as I
know and I think other rippers are using it too.

The only downside to this is that DeaDBeeF's playlist view is not
accessible to orca. Other than this it's working as expected.

Greetings

Peter