Re: [orca-list] Unity Menu Bar not shown in braille

On Wed, Apr 06, 2016 at 09:22:11AM AEST, Joanmarie Diggs wrote:
Hey Luke.

Apologies if what I'm about to ask is a silly question. <smiles> But
when you say:

On 04/03/2016 08:09 PM, Luke Yelavich wrote:

given that the panel service doesn't actually *render* the
menu bar, and does not use a GTK menu bar. It just knows about the menus,
and handles the scrubbing from one menu to the next with keyboard/mouse,
and only shows the actual GTK menu only.

Does that mean:

1. And therefore you, Joanie, have enough to work with though you may
   have to be creative.

Probably not this.

Or

2. Don't bother, it needs to be fixed in the Unity module(s).

I think its more this actually. That comment of mine was in fact a little ranty, and I was just explaining
that you might see weird things if you were to dig, but since I'm seeing odd things and since the unity panel
menu does not behave like a menu bar, its more a unity side problem.

Whether anyone will get to fixing it is another story, particularly since it would require some
re-architecting and creativity on the atk side to do so.., i.e writing extra atk code to fool Orca et al that
they were seeing an actual menu bar.

You only have to look at the tree of objects for unity-panel-service in accerciser to see what I mean. :)

Luke