Re: [orca-list] removing pulse audio. will this work?

You can use TTSynth and espeakup, you can use Speakup in consoles and
Orca in the gui. You can specify pulse out of the picture without
uninstalling it.

It's easy to do this in the speech-dispatcher config file. It's a tad
trickier fo Speakup, depending on how you're launching Speakup.

All I can say without more info is that I use Speakup with TTSynth and
the speakup-connector on my consoles, and Orca over ALSA using libao on
the desktop daily in a Fedora 23 system.

I also have an Arch laptop where I stick with espeak and espeakup.

Janina

Kristoffer Gustafsson writes:
Hi.
this was notgood. now I'mbeing dissapointed.
I thought that I could get rid of the latency in Linux using my
soundcards hardware monitoring function.
in windows I can't do this at all. In old win xp Days I could, but not in win 7.
If this is not about alsa, why do they write about alsa here.
The only thing I want is to be able to run orca, and then speakup in a
console. I've got ttsynth and espeak.
Do I need to use an older version of Linux now?
I thought that should be easy finally, but now...
I found out how to load a module with mic loopback, but that thing
is'nt good it seems.
/Kristoffer

Hi.
I want to use alsa instead of pulse audio.
I found the following about removing pulse audio. do you Think this will
work?
http://www.hecticgeek.com/2012/01/how-to-remove-pulseaudio-use-alsa-ubuntu-linux/
I also found information on hardware monitoring when recording stuff,
and hearing the microphone.
So now it will perhaps be easy to record and do some Linux podcasts.
easier than in windows:)
/Kristoffer
--
Kristoffer Gustafsson