Re: [orca-list] orca not reading menu selections in evolution

Hey Mike.

Hopefully fixed now, in both the gnome-3-20 branch and master. Thanks
for the report!

--joanie

On 04/05/2016 02:39 PM, Mike Gorse wrote:
Hi,

This could be something odd or out-of-date on my system, for all that I
know, but orca isn't speaking when I arrow within a menu in evolution.
I'm using a jhbuild environment with gnome 3.20. I'll do the following:

1. Start evolution.
2. Press alt-f. Orca says "new menu"
3. Press down-arrow. Orca says nothing. Looking at the debug.out, it
appears that it should read "new window", but it doesn't.

I don't see this behavior if I test with OpenOffice.

I'm attaching what I think is the relevant part of debug.out.

I wondered if I broke something in trying to fix bgo#754048, but I tried
reverting that commit, and it didn't make any difference.

Also, my webkitgtk isn't up-to-date at the moment; maybe that's the
problem, but it seems unlikely to me.

Thanks,
-Mike