[orca-list] Announcing mate-autostart-orca

All,

Here is a simple script taken from the Debian accessibility wiki page, but shouldn't be specific to any particular distro. It's a simple script which should plug in the necessary settings to get Orca to autostart when MATE starts. This doesn't address LightDM which requires a separate configuration file. Even if you're not on a distro related to Debian, check out the accessibility page for lots of useful information:

https://wiki.debian.org/accessibility

Here is the direct download link for the script:

http://batsupport.com/unsupported/mate-autostart-orca

Hopefully it works. I just copied and pasted from the wiki. In most cases, you won't need this script if you install Ubuntu MATE or Debian and select the MATE task, but if for some reason Orca doesn't start on its own, the above might help. Comments are welcome, but remember it isn't supported and is provided as a public service. If there is enough interest, I'll create a similar script for Gnome.

Tony Baechler, founder, Baechler Access Technology Services
Putting accessibility at the forefront of technology
mailto:bats batsupport com
Phone: 1-619-746-8310   Fax: 1-619-449-9898