Re: [orca-list] problems with orca on centOS 7

On Thu, Sep 24, 2015 at 02:54:05PM AEST, kendell clark wrote:
hi
I sort of doubt it. He's a mac user who's running linux in a vm. He says
increasing the ram of the vm helped, and now the short cut works, though
what ram has to do with it I don't know. He's busy fighting with fedora
to get voxin running, he won't use espeak. I've tried getting him to
install onto bear metal since virtual machine software sometimes behaves
strangely, but no luck so far.

You can take steps to reduce the latency with VMWare guests. Here is  a
guide I found that helps you do just that.

http://blog.bryansmart.com/2012/02/16/low-latency-sound-for-vmware/

Luke