Re: [orca-list] copyinig accessible bridge file trick not working to get skype to speak on arch

I was not detailed in my explanation of what I did, sorry, but I did indeed get the 32bit qt-at-spi package a
few months ago, and unless I missed a
recent update nothing has changed there...I'll double check now to make sure that there's not a more recent
version, but I have done exactly the same
thing I did as you explain Peter, copying the 32bit .so file in to the dir I created in /usr/lib32/qt....
I suppose my file could be corrupted, also, but I have no reason to think this has happened...will download
the 32bit package again on the off chance
this is the case.
OK, I see there's apparently a new version since I last downloaded,hopefully that was the problem.
Yes, silly me...I obviously did not notice the last qt-atspi update although I was pay8ing attention, and had
not double check package versions for a
bit, well since june 15 it appears...lol...
Thanksfor confirming that things were still working as before.../will rewrite my accesible skype installation
script to check for updates to qt-at-spi.

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886

  Peter Vágner wrote:
Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 08:49:49PM +0200

Hello,

I am sorry but most likelly you are miss understanding this hack.
The thing is that on 64 bit machine you do need to have 32 bit build of
qt-at-spi not at-spi2-atk or any other gnome library. I haven't found a way
on how to build from source but luckily enough manually downloading i686
package extracting a proper file out of it and placing it where lib32-qt4
expects it to be is working fine.

In order to install or update this hack to the latest available version run
the following command sequence exactly in this order from the terminal...

mkdir /tmp/lib32-qt-at-spi
cd /tmp/lib32-qt-at-spi
wget "https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/i686/qt-at-spi/download/";
-O "qt-at-spi-i686.pkg.tar.xz"
tar xvf "qt-at-spi-i686.pkg.tar.xz"
sudo rm -Rf /usr/lib32/qt/plugins/accessiblebridge
sudo mv usr/lib/qt4/plugins/accessiblebridge /usr/lib32/qt/plugins/
cd
rm -Rf /tmp/lib32-qt-at-spi

By default wget is not installed on pure arch linux so if you are missing it
you can use curl or any other suitable app to download the file.
If you just want to follow this without tweaking then you can install wget
by running
sudo pacman -S wget

I have just tested it and it indeed works fine here.

Greetings

Peter