Re: [orca-list] Idea for Orca speech settings and speech-dispatcher

hi
I'll second this. This would solve my issues neatly with apps using
speech-dispatcher not using my native orca settings. Plus, it would
also allow people who for whatever reason don't use espeak to use
eloquence or whatever voice they want in other applications. It would
solve both the orca not being able to speak through apps problem and
the problem  of not having a standardized speech API, which
speech-dispatcher is supposed to be. I've seen requests for a sapi5
equivalent for linux, but when I explain that's what speech-dispatcher
is supposed to be I often get that programs aren't speaking with their
own settings. This would be awesome
Thanks
Kendell clark