[orca-list] IMPORTANT: Getting the list back on topic

Hey all.

As I think most of you know, I tend to be pretty tolerant of the
occasional off-topic post. After all, there are not mailing lists for
every last subtopic related to technology for users who are blind or
visually impaired.

As I think most of you also know, I tend to not be a hands-on moderator
of this list. We all have our bad days. And usually misundertandings are
worked out quickly -- or go off list.

That said, the discussion this past week has been rather surprising to
me. This mailing list is normally a good way to get my attention -- and
the attention of others -- to ask questions, make suggestions, and
report bugs related to Orca. That hasn't been the case this past week.
To be perfectly honest, I've been deleting most of it unread. We need to
decide what to do.

If it were just me, I'd just keep deleting messages and wait for things
to go back to normal. But a couple of people have gotten in touch with
me privately. As a result, this message is an official request that we
all get this mailing list back on the topic of Orca. If it is not about
Orca, please discuss it elsewhere.

Apologies for being the "bad guy" and thank you for your understanding.
--joanie