From: Glenn [mailto:glennervin cableone net]
Sent: Friday, September 04, 2015 12:51 PM
To: Alex Midence
Cc: orca-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [orca-list] Podcasts and/or audio tutorials needed

One thing I would not do first is to do the install section first, since most people will be trying it before
installing it.
Freedom Scientific made this mistake in their Jaws training tapes, as they did the how-to steps on the same
tape as the tape that held the getting started.
When in fact, most users don't know enough about using the product to even install it, so someone else
usually installs it for them, and they have to find the spot in the tape that actually starts teaching the
basics of using a computer with keyboard commands.
FS no longer sends out tapes, but I think they do this on the training CD too.
I think that even the DAISY training that comes with Jaws is meaningless for beginners, if there is not an
experienced person there to get them started with the techniques for accessing that form of training.
We need to assume in this training that the person using it is just booted up, and knows nothing about the
operating system, and keyboard commands.
Glenn