Re: [orca-list] accessible twitter client

I did not see corebird in ubuntu repos, nor Debian ones.
I thought I had before, but perhaps I am mistaken, was looking for 14.04 and debian 8.
It's a pretty good alternative, but the interface is a bit inefficient when it comes to RTs and replies in my
opinion. Messages are easy to read, and it
has a reasonable, but not as complete a feature set as one might hope for.
Compared with everything else I've tried however corebird is the best GUI alternative. I still find myhself
using ttytter and bitlbee more, but having
to check and remember tweet codes is a bit of a hassle as well, but one I'm used to.
Thunderbird and instantbird can handle twitter, but tweets are displayed in a grid making it very slow to
locate one's place in most cases if they get
the hundreds of tweets a day that most users do, hundreds or thousands...lol

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886

  Kyle wrote:
Wed, Sep 02, 2015 at 12:20:09PM -0400

I've had great success with Corebird. I believe there is a stable
release in addition to the git version now. It does direct messages and
mentions as well as your timeline, and it can notify at least of direct
messages and mentions. Not sure about new tweets, but I get too many to
allow it to notify me of each one anyway. Hope this helps.
Sent from my timeline