[orca-list] OT: A helpful tool for lastpass users

While the tool discussed below can certainly be used with orca I am not sure that the lastpass password vault
web interface is any more or less
usable with orca than   with any other screenreader, but I am posting because we discussed lastpass and
keepass recently here and there was
some interest in the subject.
While there is some reason to be concerned over the future of lastpass on Linux since this excellent password
manager/formfiller browser extension was
bought by logmein, I am cautiously optimistic as I don't think any extra work is required to keep lastpass
working on linux browsers, i.e firefox and
chrome for those who must have speech and or braille.
The browser extensions are nicely accessible on Linux, and also with the browsers I've tested on Windows.
I've not had the chance to try the android or
iIOS versions which I think do require the payed premium version of LP.
The websiteis a bit less fun to work with however, so if one wants to edit data for a saved password,or just
look at a PW one may have long since
forgotten things can be slower than I like.
While I was looking at the lastpass website to see how to do something I stumbled uppon a commandline
application that saves one from having to use the
web interface to edit or export saved PW data.
It is said to work with GNU-Linux, OSX and cygwin.
This could be especially handy for folks who have a server, virtual or otherwise that they can access when
they don't have their own computer available.
So far I've only used it on my Arch-Linux laptop, and the package available in the Arch AUR would not install
for me, but it very quickly built and
installed with
make
sudo make install
the manpage did not install however, but there is a .txt version in the build directory, so one can read that
for now. I think I'll reformat this and
make a script to install it/will post here if I do.
You can download a .zip file from the github page for lastpass-cli

https://github.com/lastpass/lastpass-cli/archive/master.zip

Deps from the README
* For Debian:
sudo apt-get install openssl libcurl3 libxml2 libssl-dev libxml2-dev libcurl4-openssl-dev pinentry-curses
xclip

* For Ubuntu:
sudo apt-get install openssl libcurl4-openssl-dev libxml2 libssl-dev libxml2-dev pinentry-curses xclip

The README in the zip file gives instructions for other distros
If you are installing on arch I'd suggest trying the aur package first as it should pull in and dependencies
you don't have even if it won't build, and
maybe it'll build for you. If not you should have no trouble with make && sudo make install, judging by my
experience anyway.
The manpage is not very well written besides not being available in the standard markdown format used by most
manpages, but the XML version does display
correctly in a browser including oldschool textbased browsers like lynx you can put on any server.

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886