Re: [orca-list] Redhat Enterprise question

Thanks Peter

I do know that the x-server is coming up  in tty1 so I will check the rest.

Tom

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 12, 2015, at 02:36, Peter Vágner <pvdeejay gmail com> wrote:

Hello,
Other thing to check is what virtual console your X server is running on.
Orca needs to communicate this to brltty and it assumes vt7 by default. On Arch linux and derivatives GDM 3
starts on first free virtual console that is VT1 in most cases. It might be similar on rhel as well I guess.
To change this in orca, create or open a file
~/.local/share/orca/orca-customizations.py
and put the following content to the bottom of that file.

import orca.settings
orca.settings.tty = 1

Also have you added your user to the brlapi group and does a file /etc/brlapi.key exist on your system?
This allows orca to talk to brltty.

Greetings

Peter