Re: [orca-list] qt-at-spi

Hello,

John, It appears that as you emerge VLC without having QT4 installed it'll just build against QT5. Unfortunatelly for some reason distros that ship binary packages such as Arch linux or Debian still build VLC against QT4.

Jreetings Peter

Dňa 10.10.2015 3:39 používateľ <covici ccs covici com> napísal:
I don't have qt4 and vlc is  mostly accessible except  for some strange
playback behavior.

Kyle <kyle4jesus gmail com> wrote:

> As far as I am aware,  qt-at-spi is no longer developed. I'm not sure
> that any bugfixes are backported, as at-spi support is baked right into
> qt5 now. That said, qt-at-spi is still needed for qt4 applications, and
> I think there are still a few of those around that are not yet ported.
> Notable applications that still need qt-at-spi include Mumble 1.2.x,
> unless there is a 1.3.x release now, which is said to have been ported
> to qt5, vlc, which still depends on qt4 for its primary interface and
> VirtualBox, if you don't want to build VM's from a command line or by
> writing out an XML configuration file. I do hope they eventually port
> these, as qt5 works much better with Orca, and is still getting bugs
> fixed upstream, including at-spi bug. Hope this helps.
> Sent from my virtual private life

How do
you spend it?

         John Covici