Re: [orca-list] Ubuntu 15.10, alt emacs and orca

Hey Bart.

Glad you sorted that out. BTW, as long as you CC me when sending a
debug.out, I'll get it (and did this time). In the future, feel free to
send it just to me as the size of the file guarantees a bounce.

Having looked at your debug.out, a bug you might wish to file against
unity is "don't expose 'dummy' descriptions to assistive technologies."
That is where the 'dummy text' is coming from: The accessible
description of the accessible frame which emits a window:activate signal
(presumably because the global menu is getting triggered).

I assume that is placeholder/boilerplate text. But independent of your
particular issue, placeholder/boilerplate text has no business being
exposed via accessibility APIs because assistive technologies don't know
that is what it is and are in danger of presenting it in all its useless
glory.

--joanie