Re: [orca-list] Orca and Vmware Workstation 12

Hi again,

I've managed to sort of get vmware to work but without speech.

It is looking for a library in and can't find it.  By exporting the
location vmware works.

However it spits out a bunch of gtk warnings which I'm guessing have
something to do with why orca doesn't work.

Does this mean anything to anyone?
The command to get it to start is:
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/vmware/lib/libglibmm-2.4.so.1

Then the errors are:

Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "atk-bridge": /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libatspi.so.0: undefined symbol:
g_type_class_adjust_private_offset
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "unity-gtk-module": libunity-gtk-module.so: cannot open shared object
file: No such file or directory
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "atk-bridge": /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libatspi.so.0: undefined symbol:
g_type_class_adjust_private_offset
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module": libcanberra-gtk-module.so: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "atk-bridge": /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libatspi.so.0: undefined symbol:
g_type_class_adjust_private_offset
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "unity-gtk-module": libunity-gtk-module.so: cannot open shared object
file: No such file or directory
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "atk-bridge": /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libatspi.so.0: undefined symbol:
g_type_class_adjust_private_offset
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module": libcanberra-gtk-module.so: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory
GLib-GIO-Message: Using the 'memory' GSettings backend.  Your settings will not be saved or shared with other
applications.
GLib-GIO-Message: Using the 'memory' GSettings backend.  Your settings will not be saved or shared with other
applications.
GLib-GIO-Message: Using the 'memory' GSettings backend.  Your settings will not be saved or shared with other
applications.
noname.xml:7: parser error : Input is not proper UTF-8, indicate encoding !
                                                                               ^

Looks to me like at-spy isn't loading for some reason.

Thoughts?

Kind regards
Bart

covici ccs covici com writes:

For installation, I never use the ui, there are instructions to do it
from a regular virtual console, not an X terminal.

Bart Bunting <bart bunting net au> wrote:

Very,

Had someone with eyes check.

Kind regards
John Heim <john johnheim net> writes:

How sure are you that it's not in the dialog boxasking you for your
password so it can build the kernel modules?
It's been a while since I messed round with vmware but it also used to
ask for a license key. The debian wiki used to have instructions for
installing the license key from a command prompt. You can google that.
As far as the dialog box for compiling the kernel modules, I used to get
past that by running vmware the first time logged in as root at the
console. It would still recognize that the kernel modules needed to be
compiled even though there was no GUI. Once the kernel modules are
compiled, you can go back to running it from the GUI as a regular user.

I've switched to virtualbox. The virtualbox GUI has accessibility
problems but it has  a really nice command line interface. I just have
all the commands in a script and just last night, I created a Windows vm
in about 20 minutes and 19 minutes of that was installing Windows.
regular user.