Re: [orca-list] Thoughts on the new table cell/row reading options?

hi
My personal opinion would be that a table is a table. Whether it's a
spreadsheet table, a website table, or a file manager table, it's a
table. Different tables might  need special code to deal with them but
as far as orca's concerned, it's a table. If you start adding options
for every conceivable type of table someone's invariably going to say
why can't we just have one option for all tables? Again, just my
opinion.Same for lists. This was removed a while back, but can, at some
point, orca announce lists? Right now I don't think it says anything.
There would also need to be some kind of heuristic to determine whether
a list has the amount of options it's reporting. Different subject, but
I just thought I'd bring it up while I was thinking about it. Most of
the items in gnome's settings hide options if you can't use them, but
those options are still  there, so gnome reports those numbers to
at-spi. I'm not sure if this is something orca can solve though.

Thanks
Kendell clark