Re: [orca-list] Thoughts on the new table cell/row reading options?

On 11/25/2015 12:41 AM, kendell clark wrote:

I just thought I'd bring it up while I was thinking about it. Most of
the items in gnome's settings hide options if you can't use them, but
those options are still  there, so gnome reports those numbers to
at-spi. I'm not sure if this is something orca can solve though.

Orca can (assuming we get something from the app/toolkit we can filter
on). However, you will get a performance hit -- one which grows with the
size of the list.

If memory serves me, sluggishness in lists is something you frequently
mention. I trust you don't want me to add another heuristic to Orca's
list-related processing. ;) There's some new API we should add to ATK
and AT-SPI2 which should make this much, much more doable and performant.

--joanie