[orca-list] Finer refinement of keyecho now committed to master

Hey all.

I have just committed the change I referred to in the other thread so
you can now control which types of printable characters are echoed. The
old "alphanumeric and punctuation" checkbox has been replaced with three
new ones:

1. Alphabetic
2. Numeric
3. Punctuation

Hopefully what each is is self-explanatory. As also mentioned in the
other thread, there was the question of where to put space. I thought
Action and Rob thought Action, and it's still early in the 3.19 release
cycle, so for now it's in Action. Thus if you want the old Orca style of
echo all the things, you will want to check: Alphabetic, Numeric,
Punctuation, and Action. Test master and see what you think. We can
always tweak it before 3.20 ships.

As you test, you'll notice that if you have any key echo enabled and you
press keys in a password entry, Orca will say "star" or "asterisks" or
whatever regardless of what type of printable character it is. Here's
why: Imagine you only need number keys echoed and have configured Orca
accordingly. Now you're entering your password and I'm walking by your
desk. I hear "click click star star click". You've just given me a clue
that your password is two non-numbers followed by two-numbers followed
by one non-number. Seems bad. So in this case, Orca will echo "star star
star star star" unless you have key echo completely disabled. Hope this
makes sense and is to your liking.

Lastly, before you test the console setup and discover that the new
options, while there, are not getting saved, please see my earlier email
to this list in which I indicate the entire console setup seems to have
been broken for years. Focus on testing the GUI-based support. <smile>

Thanks!
--joanie