Re: [orca-list] Fwd: Re: OT: What have I done?

Although I agree with your sentiment, I think high expectations is what every effort needs to succeed. I think the expectation that every cross platform application is going to work equally well across all platforms and that every bug on every platform will be given the same weight is also an unrealistic expectation, but I think it's good that it's out there. Developers, program managers, executives and so on need to know what customers want if they're going to put products and applications out there that meet customer needs.

I think it's a perfectly reasonable think for a customer to want to manage their iPhone with their computer. If that's a deal breaker for them then they shouldn't use Linux. It's unfair to call them spoiled because of that. It's a known fact in the IT world that many customers pick their platform based on the applications that are supported, so the blind are no different than everyone else in this respect. Therefore, it's unfair to say that most blind people are unwilling to consider alternatives. Some are, but in this respect they're no different than their sighted counterparts. Linux isn't the most popular desktop operating system amongst sighted users either.