[orca-list] OT: What have I done?

hi all
This is going to be a long email, so if you don't have time to read it, just skip it. It's not much related to orca, but I'm deliberately posting it hear so that the most people will see it. Thisis a hard email for me to write and is off topic. I can't understand what I have done to alienate the blind linux community, yet this seems to be exactly what I have done. I posted an email to this list deliberately, rather than the speech-dispatcher list because more people subscribe hear and someone was likely to know the answer. I asked luke on irc first, but as I said earlier, I missed his message. I'm honestly gotten to the point where I'm approaching burn out. Right now I file bug reports for three desktops, gnome, mate, and cinamon, I'm a co developer of the sonar distribution and I help out fedora, when I have time to breathe, that is. I manage a git repository of espeak fixes. But in spite of all my effort, I don't seem to be getting anywhere. Before I get blasted, I'm well aware that accessibility resources are limited, it's why I took these tasks on. But except for joanie, who does fantastic work, most of the bugs I file don't get fixed. The reasons vary, but mostly revolve around no one knowing the accessibility interface. More and more I find myself looking over the other side of the fence, wondering if windows has this much trouble. I'm passionate about open source, but somehow I seem to offend people by my replies. I try to go out of my way not to complain, and to indicate that I'm not complaining, but somehow I get accused of ranting when I am not, or of not doing my homework when there just doesn't seem to be much in the way of online linux accessibility information. To those who help me, I am greatful. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I'm not having the impact I want to have. I want to improve speech-dispatcher, and yet don't know the code well enough. I want to improve orca, yet I somehow irritate joanie despite every effort not to do so. The mate devs don't seem to know anything about accessibility so those bugs aren't getting fixed. The gnome people know but they seem to regard the entire accessibility infrastructure as a giant mess that needs to be redesigned, only no one wants to do it. My passion for open source seems to be waring away due to simple indifference. People know there are bugs, and yet they linger. Any replies to me should probably be sent off list, since this is not related to orca. Am I not filing good bugs? Is my approach wrong? I'm obviously doing something wrong because it seems other people's bugs are getting fixed.
Thanks for reading
Kendell clark