Re: [orca-list] orca cannot echo keystrokes in the gnome's run dialog

Hi Kendell.

I just tried this using Orca master and gnome-shell 3.18 and Orca echos
keystrokes for me.

--joanie

On 11/05/2015 10:03 AM, kendell clark wrote:
hi all
This appears to be a recent bug. Steps to reproduce. Press alt+f2 to
open the run dialog in gnome shell. Orca announces: "window. Panel.
Enter a command. Text" Type some text. Depending on your keyboard echo
settings, orca should either echo the keystrokes entered or keep silent.
However, this appears not to be the case. I've tested with the following
settings. Enable key echo turned off but enable echo by character turned
on. I then turnes on "enable key echo" and turned off all but "enable
echo alphanumeric characters" and "enable punctuation keys". Nothing.
Should I produce a debug log? I'm running latest orca master as of 5
minutes ago and gnome shell 3.18
Thanks
Kendell clark