From: "Josh K" <joshknnd1982 gmail com>
To: "Glenn / Lenny" <GlennErvin cableone net>; <orca-list gnome org>
Sent: Friday, March 27, 2015 6:52 AM
Subject: Re: [orca-list] which Debian Distro

if you use ubuntu mate its easy because mate has a built in sound themes
manager.

follow me on twitter @joshknnd1982

On 3/26/2015 9:41 PM, Glenn / Lenny wrote:
Hi,
It seems that there are a few differences in opinion on this, but I just
installed Ubuntu 14 X ( the latest and greatest) on someone's computer,
and
I was disappointed in that there is no start-up sounds, I hope it is not
difficult to set them to be on.
I have gone into settings and sounds, but there is no regular type of
sound
scheme to install that I could find.
Also, Orca does not start automatically, is there an easy fix for that?
Unity is not too bad, as he can type in what he wants and find it.
I wish there was a way to put shortcuts onto the desktop, it is otherwise
waste of real estate.
But I thought I might either uninstall it, or install another distro, if
there is a better one for these things.
And, if I just install another, will it become the first item in GRUB, and
will the old one be the next?
Or, will I be given the option to remove the previous Ubuntu, and install
the new, even though he still has Windows on /dev/sda1?
Thanks.

Glenn