Re: [orca-list] any recommendations for an accessible pdf reader for orca?

Hi Hadi,
I just did a little test directly using the pdftohtml script on an old Ubuntu manual I had handy.
The convertion was very fast as I remembered it to be, and links all worked as one would expect, so it would
meet your needs, and is easier to use than
evince in my opinion. I used lynx in a console to read a bit, but of course firefox or any other browser that
is accessible could be used.
There were some characters that were not handled correctly however, so a calibre conversion might be the
ticket for a cleaner format translation. I am
not very knowledgable about translating between char sets, so there may be a way around the problems I
sometimes encounter using poppler and scripts
like pdftohtml.

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886

  Hadi Rezaee wrote:
Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 02:54:23PM +0330

   Hey leena
   Thanks for your reply!
   When i open my file with  evince, the document viewer, Nothing happens
   when i press up and down arrow keys, it sounds that if i'm stuck in it and
   nothing exists. Should i do some configurations before using it?
   I might try your html solution, if it gives me pages though.