Re: [orca-list] table navigation in firefox

Hi Peter.

This is now fixed in master and the gnome-3-16 branch. Thanks for the
report!

--joanie

On 03/10/2015 06:56 AM, Peter Vágner wrote:
Hello,
I'm verry sory this might be verry selfish feature request but I'll try
anyway.
After the latest code refactor Some links displayed inside the table
cells are not read for me when using Firefox 36 and orca master.
I haven't been able to found it spreading however one particular site
where this is occuring is at...
http://atcomp.sk/zbozi.aspx?vypis=pe2&skladem=7&skup=1&kat=122&c=1119I5089O5090O5091P736I2709

Once the page finishes loading hit ctrl+home to jump to the top of that
page, then press letter t to find the first table. You will land in
nonuniform table with 7 rows and 10 columns. Then press down arrow key
you will be presented with all the column headers. These are all in
czech unfortunatelly. Now press alt+shift+right arrow to move to the
second column header from the left. You will hear "Název" followed by
anouncing two image links. Now explore the cells below this column
header. When hitting alt+shift+down arrow orca presents blank row three
column2. As you continue you will get orca to present blank row four
column 2" and so on. What is wrong here is that in the column 2 in this
table there are links with some text displayed. You can for example read
these when reading by character, by word by line. Navigating by table
cell dramatically increases efficiency when working with tabular data
like these so if this turned not to be some kind of web authoring issue
I would be happy to have this tweaked in a way that these links inside a
table cell would again read when moving by cell as it used to in orca
3.14 and earlier.

Thanks and greetings

Peter