[orca-list] Orca stopped working

I had a problem with Ubuntu Trusty this afternoon where Orca just stopped speaking altogether.
I did several attempts at reboots, tried Super user or Windows key plus S and even tried Alt F2 and Orca but
no joy.
I have been left with no option to do a fresh install with me requiring my password at Login
If I restore from my last backup using Ubuntu's built in app, do I have to make sure my system is up to date
before I apply my latest backup?

Sent from my iPhone