[orca-list] creating a desktop shortcut to launch root

Hi All,
I want a desktop shortcut to put me in a terminal as root, so I don't have
to sudo -s or sudo su in all the time.
On a gnome desktop, I used the applications key, and entered on "create new
launcher".
In the command window, I typed:
gksu gnome-terminal
This makes Orca barely work, the only thing that seems to talk is the
character keys in the alt + F2  window.
So I run:
sudo restart gdm in the run command window
and I get back to normal.
I must say, I like the way Bananaian for the Banana PI do it, they did not
install sudo, and everything is as root.
The reason I like it is because I always have to do sudo, and we cannot do
anything without typing sudo, and I don't know how sudo keeps people from
making mistakes, as we would make the same mistake whether we typed sudo or
not.
I don't know if not having sudo makes the system more vulnerable to outside
attacks, which would be a good argument for keeping sudo.
But at any rate, maybe the gksu gnome-terminal is not the best route for
what I am wanting to do, and if there is a better method, I will appreciate
any info.
Thanks.

Glenn