Re: [orca-list] orca very sluggish

Hi,

hard to imagine what's going wrong without further information like
which os / kernel version and which orca version etc. you are using.
If e.g. you are using systemd on your box you might want to check what
the journalctl writes out in the described situations. That is follow
the journal, possibly filtering by priority and then start the
sluggish things to see what you get in the journal..
$ sudo journalctl -f
$ your_sluggish_actions ...

or to filter out by priority (0 to 3 of 7 see man journalctl)
$ sudo journalctl -f -p 0..3
$ ...

Hope this provides more information.. Well this might be a somewhat
generic way but it helped me in many situations allready.

Regards Jann

I have 8 gig of RAM on my Toshiba laptop which had Windows 8 until I got
rid of it yet when I am downloading email using thunderbird or podcasts
with Gpodder, I get this annoying problem where speech will stop and it
has to catch up with key presses I have done. For example I could be
writing a message and the speech wil stop and if I hit keys to get
speech to responde, they register a long time later.
How do I resolve this issue?