[orca-list] thunderbird very verbose

I am having this problem where Thunderbird is very verbose and sluggish with Orca keping quoting numbers at me at random in the background, making navigating headings and even typing a problem like it is continuously downloading in the background without an end to what it is doing. Is there a problem with my version of Thunderbird, a problem with my Google acount which I have entered the details for as well as my BT account or a problem with my version of Orca, possible something like 3.1.10 or something like that?