Re: [orca-list] Looking for up-to-date information of getting, building and using orca master

hi
I've got some answers for you, I believe. First of all, you can check
out orca by running git clone git://git.gnome.org/orca. Once that
completes, cd into the directory and run sudo ./configure. You need
gnome-common to build, as well as other dependencies, the script will
error out and tell you what you need if you're missing. After that
completes, run make, followed by sudo make install. This will build
orca and place it in /usr/local, and you can then close and relaunch
orca. You don't need to do anything special, the newer orca master
will start instead of the installed stable version, but you can go
back to the older version just by deleting /usr/local/lib/python3.4,
which contains orca. If you want to turn orca into a package, I have
no idea how, I've never run gentoo, but you can probably find
documentation on how.
hth
Kendell clark

Derek Roberts wrote:
Hi, I'm on Funtoo (a Gentoo fork) with =mate-1.8.0 and
=orca-3.14.4.

Thanks, KJ4UFX

On Fri, Jun 5, 2015 at 3:32 PM, José Vilmar Estácio de Souza <