Re: [orca-list] Web site comments (Webaim survey)

Dear Jared,

I thank you for your gracious and comprehensive response below and your courteous invitation to share this
with the Orca community at large.   Since I happen to be the driving force behind the "active recruitment"
you mentioned on the Orca list, I feel it necessary to inform you that I myself would never have known of
your survey had it not been for Window Eyes (my secondary work screenreader) having some sort of built-in
pop-up script that directed me to your site each and every single time I launched it.  I finally broke down
and took it after the third day so I could get it to go away.  Seeing as how Window Eyes now comes free to
anyone who has a license for Microsoft Office 2010 or higher, you wanna talk about active recruitment, that
will certainly drive the numbers much higher than they otherwise would've been.  my modest message to the
Orca list and a few other Linux lists informing them of its existence on the very last day it could be filled
out is hardly indicative of active recruitment.  You are right though to consider the numbers inaccurate
since they would've been somewhat higher had I posted my suggestion sooner.  I know this because of a number
of respondents tried to take the survey only to find that it had been closed.  I am going to take this
opportunity to make a suggestion to the Orca developer and anyone else in the community with the necessary
programming skills to add a similar script to Orca so that our user community is better represented in these
sorts of things.

Thanks again for your response and enjoy the rest of your day.
Alex Midence