Re: [orca-list] Some problems with orca in gedit

Yes, Sometimes I need to inspect log files and gedit do not helps me because they are huge.

On 07/09/2015 05:34 AM, Peter Vágner wrote:
Hello,
I think as a result of this loading big files such 2 MB file in size might even get to a point that such a file is not readable with orca. When dealing with huge SQL dumps and similar huge data files, it would be awesome to have a text editor so we can at least confortably look into such files. Of course falling back to commandline e.g. using nano is a workaround I am doing in case gedit is not usable to me because of the file size. An argument from the evil is that under Windows there is a way to open such a large file in notepad and there is no screen reader lag when navigating such a document. Rendering the document may of course be also time consuming on windows as well but this is something we can hardly solve here.

Greetings

Peter