Re: [orca-list] any accessible chess game?

Doesn't really matter, but I wonder if a pref for GUI over CLI aps is much stronger among sighted users
compared with screenreader-using blinks.
I am talking Linux and any xnix for that matter here. Just saying I run in to a lot of forum posts and
general purpose how-tos that  talk about CLI
alternatives, and have seen quite a few blind folks asking specifically for GUI options over the years.
I do suspect that indeed the GUI preference percentage is higher for sighted persons, but thought that the
Knopix idea that a blind Linux novice would
prefer CLI to GUI alternatives was incorrect.
I really just go for what ever makes me more productive, but may come down on the CLI side in close calls
because of never haviing had new/cutting edge
hardware, just me though. I totally want to see as many choices as possible both CLI and GUI.

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886

  Sean Murphy wrote:
Wed, Jul 01, 2015 at 08:17:07PM +1000

   Hi all,
   below is the link for the windows VI games that do include chess plus
   others. I am aware this is for Linux, but you can use the Linux windows
   libraries to use them. As long as they support MSapi speech, you will be
   fine.
   Website: [1]www.spoonbillsoftware.com.au/blindgamers.htm web url detected
   The programs are free.
   Sean