Re: [orca-list] Orca localizations

Hello,
Orca is an integral part of gnome meaning gnome iinfrastructure is used for maintaining translations and related work. There is an online helper app called damned lies at https://l10n.gnome.org/ . People using this app are grouped into teams by language they are translating gnome apps into e.g. here is page on bulgarian team listing its members, links to additional bulgarian community specific resources etc.... https://l10n.gnome.org/teams/bg/ . I see you've already joined the team. There is only a team leader and you in this team. So the team leader is the only person who can commit your work to the respective git repository. If I were you I would look around the bulgarian community linked on the team profile page and try to get in contact with the bulgarian team leader. As for the translation it self you will need to contribute translations to various other gnome modules in order to get translated all the control names their states and similar. I think gtk plus and ATK are most critical ones. GTK plus also includes some common dialogs such as open dialog, find dialog and many many others you will later recognize as you will become more used to gnome applications. I am afraid this approach is verry unlikelly to change as gnome project has designers, developers and translators. As far as I can understand designers and translators are expected to be able to target multiple applications whenewer possible because of the integration gnome technologies provide.

Here is orca translation into bulgarian then: https://l10n.gnome.org/vertimus/orca/master/po/bg

I haven't yet experienced localizing the documentation so I can't comment on that my self. Unfortunatelly translating gnome apps is usually not a paid job and there are multiple teams where contributions are lacking. I have tried to help in my team here and there translating some bits and pieces besides orca and related modules and I plan to do something in the next development cycle as well.

Greetings

Peter