Re: [orca-list] LibreOffice Calc, has accessibility changed between 3.5 and 4.2 and or 4.3?

Mike Ray <mike raspberryvi org> wrote:

I figured it was probably LibreOffice rather than Orca/at-spi because I
think the same thing is happening on Windows 7 with NVDA.  So I guess
it's in whatever a11y mechanism Java is using now.

LibreOffice under Linux, and openoffice.org before it, as far as I know, never
relied on Java for accessibility at all - it has always used ATK directly.

This is why you need to install the libreoffice-gnome package in some
distributions.