Re: [orca-list] antivirus

Glenn / Lenny <glennervin cableone net> wrote:
I am looking into an antivirus program to install, and I am hoping to find
out if anyone knows which ones if any work well with Orca.
I plan on being able to scan drives I plug into the computer.

Be aware that there are no Linux viruses circulating in the wild, and if there
were any, the underlying security issue would be solved quickly.

Clamav is indeed the tool to use, but the only purpose in running it is to
look for Microsoft Windows viruses. If you plan to connect those drives to
Microsoft Windows, then you should indeed scan them for viruses, but if you're
going to connect them only to Linux, there's no point. Windows viruses can't
affect a Linux system.