Re: [orca-list] antivirus\

Thhe easiest way is indeed to use clamav from the commandline, but you can get the clamtk package which has a
sometimes accessible gtk gui  to use with
orca. I have used this gui with some graphical desktops with out major issues, but it did not work for me
well on others, and I did not investigate
enough to resolve why.
Also, I found on some systems anyway that a lot of memory can be consuumed by running the update daemon and
such automatically. This was not the case
last I checked on Ubuntu, was on arch using systemd oddly.
You can just start things manually if you find you are using precious system resources on this, and for sure
if you are thinking of running this on your
banana  you will probably want to just do manual updates and scans from the commandline.
The other anti virus products I have heard of for Linux are not accessible/usable, and may not even be easy
to install with out sighted help. Clamav and
its campanion packages, freshclam and clamtk are the onlyy FOS anti-virus solutions I know of for Linux.

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886

  Kyle wrote:
Sun, Feb 15, 2015 at 03:28:01PM -0500

The only antivirus application I'm aware of is Clamav. I believe it runs
primarily from a shell, but it should be possible to integrate a scan
into Udisks, which is generally responsible for mounting plugged-in
drives automatically. I'm not very familiar with Clamav itself, as I
have no Windows computers or drives on my network, but I would guess
that there should be a post-mount or other similar hook that can call
Clamav once a drive gets mounted by Udisks.
Sent from my coffee maker
--
"Don't judge my disability until you are able to see my ability."
~Kyle: https://kyle.tk/