Re: [orca-list] auto talking arch install

According to Luke Yelavich:
# I would also add that writing an easy to use installer that does
things for you is *hard*. Look at all the distros that have this,
Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora etc. I am sure you would not be hard pressed to
find a bug in doing something slightly non-standard, and then there are
the different types of system, legacy BIOS, EFI, etc.

Exactly why I haven't taken it upon myself to write such a beast from
scratch. On the other hand, something that is already well written that
serves most needs and can be easily modified and/or extended at the code
level is definitely worth my time as long as it is easy enough to make
compatible with pacman and other Arch-specific features. There do seem
to be far to many variables to consider to make something that
completely automates an install so that the end user runs a single
command or clicks into an icon on the desktop and ends up with a fully
installed system with no further interaction however, which I believe is
probably the holy grail for some.
--
"Don't judge my disability until you are able to see my ability."
~Kyle: https://kyle.tk/