Re: [orca-list] A software implementing text-to-speech

hi
I'm no python expert, but can you develop a program in python 2.x and have orca be able to see and use it? I remember python 3.x being deliberately backward incompatible to 2.x, so I'm not sure if this is possible. Again, I'm no expert. If the only hurtle is python 3.x, then I'm assuming you mean that nvda, being the only used open source screen reader under windows, having to use python 2.x. I forget why, but I seem to remember it being that one of the components they use not having a python 3 version. THis should be fixed, but it's out of jamie and mic's hands, so I'm not sure when this will happen. Orca can speak text directly using ... what did joanie call it, at-spi notifications? Joanie will have to tell you how this is done, I can't remember. But speech-dispatcher should be simple. There are python speech-dispatcher bindings you can use.
Thanks
Kendell clark