[orca-list] A software implementing text-to-speech

Hi everyone,

I would like to develop a software that implements TTS (text-to-speech). I would like this software to be cross-platform. It already implements TTS under Windows through a library. What should I do to have the same support under Linux with Orca?

I guess Orca is the only available graphical screen reader, but I may be wrong about that. I would need to have support for both spoken text (that is, I would need to send to the screen reader some text to be spoken) and sent to the Braille display when supported. I will use Python itself (not the same version as used by Orca, however, since I'll have to develop using 2.X).

Thank you for your answer,

Vincent