Re: [orca-list] accessible Facebook messenger

--
the xmpp facebook for pidgin does not work at all, not for anyone I have heard of anymore.
Bitlbee has a new plugin made by the same person who makes the pidgin plugin. I have been having successful

     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886

  Peter Vágner wrote:
Sat, Aug 29, 2015 at 01:11:06PM +0200

   Hello,

   Facebook has annouced several ways that they are about to discontinue
   their XMPP support. There are some client applications where this may work
   e.g. it is still working for me when using Thunderbird to access facebook
   chat and it is also working for my friend using instantbird. But there is
   a facebook-purple at [1]https://github.com/jgeboski/purple-facebook This
   provides access to facebook for pidgin and other purple based messengers.
   I am not yet using it, some people find it very usefull and some others
   experience issues with it.

   I'm suggesting you to try it out, certainly it might work better with
   pidgin than accessing facebook using pidgin XMPP protocol plugin.

   greetings

   Peter

   Dňa 29.8.2015 11:53 používateľ "Pavel Vlček" <[2]vlcekpavel93 gmail com>
   napísal:

     Hi all,
     when I started using Linux, I used Pidgin messenger for Icq, and
     FaceBook. Now when I connect to Facebook, I never get a list of my
     friends and I can not chat. But I am online, because I can change my
     status without errors. Can you recommend some working accessible
     alternative? I know Empathy, but I do not like it. I have pidgin
     0.10.9, which is outdated, but I do not know, how to build newer
     version (0.10.11) from source. I use xmpp for connectiong to Facebook.
     Thanks,
     Pavel V
     GNOME Universal Access guide:
     [7]https://help.gnome.org/users/gnome-help/stable/a11y.html