Re: [orca-list] accessible Facebook messenger

Hello,

Facebook has annouced several ways that they are about to discontinue their XMPP support. There are some client applications where this may work e.g. it is still working for me when using Thunderbird to access facebook chat and it is also working for my friend using instantbird. But there is a facebook-purple at https://github.com/jgeboski/purple-facebook This provides access to facebook for pidgin and other purple based messengers. I am not yet using it, some people find it very usefull and some others experience issues with it.

I'm suggesting you to try it out, certainly it might work better with pidgin than accessing facebook using pidgin XMPP protocol plugin.

greetings

Peter

Dňa 29.8.2015 11:53 používateľ "Pavel Vlček" <vlcekpavel93 gmail com> napísal:
Hi all,
when I started using Linux, I used Pidgin messenger for Icq, and
FaceBook. Now when I connect to Facebook, I never get a list of my
friends and I can not chat. But I am online, because I can change my
status without errors. Can you recommend some working accessible
alternative? I know Empathy, but I do not like it. I have pidgin
0.10.9, which is outdated, but I do not know, how to build newer
version (0.10.11) from source. I use xmpp for connectiong to Facebook.
Thanks,
Pavel V