From: orca-list [mailto:orca-list-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of Dave Hunt
Sent: Friday, August 28, 2015 5:37 PM
To: orca-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [orca-list] Further Advice on Distributions

Yeh, those distros are all fully-free, which is why I asked about Think Penguin.

Parabola is a fully free version of Arch, but without the talking live disc.  Gnew Sense and Musics are very
old, and not easily installed with accessibility, though they could be done; I messed with Gnew Sense a bit.
He could install a Trisquel and have a fully-functional system, though he'd want to do a full upgrade, after
adding the accessibility-dev ppa to bring Orca and friends up to latest.  The only multimedia formats I can't
play in Trisquel are things like silverlight and flash; even if I could, I wouldn't.  Since he's getting this
machine with libre-compatible hardware, the wifi and graphics should work; this might not be the case if we
were talking about some off-the-shelf computer from an appliance store.  Suggestion:  get the Trisquel live
medium, boot it, and explore.

Cheers,

Dave