Re: [orca-list] OT: Is purple-facebook constantly reconnecting&not showing online FB contacts for everyone else?

hi
I don't happen to use this plugin but this sounds like it might be a
pidgin problem rather than something with this particular plugin. I
say this because often when starting up pidgin, I often do not get the
"accept ssl certificate" dialog when connecting to kyle's irc server,
and it will connect just fine. Sometimes I do get the dialog, it's
very intermittent. Another related problem which is probably closely
related to what you're seeing is when logging into freenode. I am
actually registered there and autoregister with nicserv. Most of the
time this works fine but occasionally it won't for reasons unknown to
me and I have to do so manually. I'm guessing there might be a race
condition or the order of steps isn't exactly right. That is, pidgin
might be trying to log in to the server before it's successfully
connected to it and it doesn't retry.
Thanks
Kendell clark

kk wrote:

I am using it for quite some time now. The only problem I face is
distantly related to your's What happens in that on a slow internet
connection, I either never see the active friends, or if at all I
see them through Orca, Pidgin disconnects and I have to connect
again.  The way this plugin works is that as soon as Pidgin starts
it asks for fb password as if you are on a super fast Internet
connection. Then it takes it's own sweet time to connect or some
times does not connect at all. Happy hacking. Krishnakant.