[orca-list] OT: Is purple-facebook constantly reconnecting&not showing online FB contacts for everyone else?

As the subject says this is OT, but as many people do depend on pidgin for their chatting I hope folks will
forgive my question.
I installed the purple-facebook plug-in from the arch aur when we first stasrted talking about it here, and a
couple weeks later put it on a Ubuntu box.
I'd not used pidgin much if at all after installing the first
 plug-in on arch, so things might have broken at any time after that, but I did not notice till I tried it on
vinux5 nightly build based on ubuntu
trusty.
The plug-in is useless the way its working for me. It reconnects every minute or so, and online contacts
never get shown, or if they do they go away so
fast that orca never lets me see them. Old chat tabs reopen, and no matter how many times I close them keep
reopening with each reconnection.
I saw nothing in the comments on the wiki for this plug-in, so it must be working better for most people.
What's going on with this.
There have been several updates since I installed this plug-in, and last I checked there were no issues with
the bitlbee plug-in that I thik is made by
the same dev.

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886