Re: [orca-list] orca and use of memory

Use top or smem to get a better idea of what is actually happening, i.e. what is shared cached,etc.

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886

  Peter Vágner wrote:
Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 10:11:08PM +0200

Hello,
After more than three hours browsing the web, diagnosing my boot loping
android tabled using adb, reading and writing emails in thunderbird handling
some folders including over 20000 messages, gnome-system-monitor reports
orca consuming more than 230 MB of ram. This is the same amount e.g. Firefox
uses. Thunderbird consumes more than 900 MB of ram according to
gnome-system-monitor on my machine. Speech-dispatcher consumes just a few kB
with sd_espeak module about 2MB.
I don't know if these are correct figures but I think this includes shared
memory and I don't know what else since making a total sum of all these
numbers might exceed my available memory. I am running no swap space.

Greetings

Peter